Thursday, May 13, 2010

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For


Darien Called Today

The bad news is that the chemistry position they had posted was changed to a physics position after they counted up their needs. Unfortunately my credentials are in chemistry in both CT and NY.

The good news is that there is a long term substitute position over the next several weeks and they want me to fill it.

The bad news is that that required that I complete and sign eight forms, provide a scan of my birth certificate (or other allowed documents), drive to Darien to be fingerprinted and to submit to a drug test and a hepatitis B titre.

All this for $90 a day, less that my unemployment benefits (which will fill in the rest).

And I will be taking the place of a former Stamford colleague who moved to Darien, and who will be on extended jury duty.

Hunter College High School

I learned that the application I had submitted to Hunter College High School a month ago was put in the "physics search" pile instead of the "chemistry search" pile. I have now been assured that all is well. It only took a dozen calls to reach a real person in their voicemail maze!

So if you are the praying kind, pray for Hunter College High School and me to get together!